Writing and inscriptions on gravestones Tomb of Ababili village A field study
The Halabja region is one of the richest sites in archaeological sites dating back to different periods of time, Where many historic events took place in the region, The tomb of the village of Ababili is one of the most important Islamic sites in the region, which is located to the east of the city, about 3 km in the foot of Mount Shenrwe southwest of the village.
The cemetery is 5000 square meters in size, with more than 200 graves between old and new and some of these tombs belonging to the elders and heads of the Jaf tribe in the region. In the light of one of the inscriptions inscribed on the tombstones of the cemetery, the date of the tomb dates back to 1143 AH / 1729 AD, And known as the tomb of Abu Ubaida al-Ansari, because of the tomb known and famous tomb of Abu Ubaida in the people of the region as well as some references in the reference books that dealt with Halabja, Therefore, the elders of the region decided to bury their dead in this cemetery because of its sanctity.
Through the study we try to highlight the tombstones, especially carved in the cemetery of the village of Ababili from the technical aspects, especially sculpture and engravings as well as reading the writings in order to obtain the dates of graves and through the knowledge of the history of the region.
* بکر حمە صدیق عارف ، لاپەڕەک لە مێژووی هەڵەبجە(١٧٠٠-١٩٥٨ز)، چاپی یەکەم ، سلێمانی ١٩٩٧
* طه باقر وفواد سفر ، المرشد الى مواطن الاثار والحضارة الرحلة السادسة بغداد-حلبجة ، بغداد 1966
* عادل صدیق ، هەڵەبجە ١٨٨٩-١٩٣٠ لێکۆلینەوەیەکی مێژوویی سیاسییە ، چاپی یەکەم ، کۆمپانیای چاپ و پەخشی نوسەر٢٠٠٨
* عبدالمتعال الصعيدي ، بغية الايضاح لتلخيص المفتاح في علوم البلاغة ، مكتبة الاداب ، القاهرة 1999
* عمادالدين محمد بن محمد بن حامد اصفهاني ، تاريخ وفاة 597هـ ، تاريخ دولة سلجوق ، محقق ومصحح يحيى مراد ، طبعة الاولى ، دار العلمية بيروت 2004
* مديرية الاثار العامة ، المواقع الاثرية في العراق ، مطبعة الحكومة ، بغداد1970
* نەوشیروان مستەفا ئەمین ، کوردوعەجەم مێژووی سیاسی کوردەکانی ئێران چاپی سێیەم، سلێمانی ٢٠٠٥
* ياسين عبدالناصر ، الرموز الدينية في الزخرفة الاسلامية ، ط1 ، القاهرة 2006
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Ziyad Ahmad Mohammed, Mahdi Jalal Mustafa
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License [CC BY-NC-ND 4.0] that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).