SCOPE AND FOCUS
Halabja University Journal(HUJ) publishes original research in all areas. HUJ is published quarterly by the University of Halabja, Halabja, Kurdistan, Iraq. It is an international, multi disciplinary, peer-reviewed, double-blind, and open-access journal with quaternary frequency. HUJ aims to cover broader scientific research. By publishing with us, your research will get the coverage and attention it deserves. Open access and continuous online publication mean your work will be published swiftly, ready to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Article Level Metrics allows you to follow the conversations your work has started.
Articles: Articles section is for original research articles present a scientific advance. These manuscripts should present well-rounded studies reporting innovative advances The conclusions of the Original Research Article should clearly be supported by the results. These can be submitted as a full-length article (no more than 20 pages) with Abstract should not exceed 200 words. Original Research Articles contain at least five sections:
- Materials and Methods
Review Articles: Review Articles provide a reasoned survey and examination of a particular subject of research in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences. These can be submitted a long review (no more than 20 pages). They should include a critical assessment of the works cited, explanations of conflicts in the literature, and analysis of the field. The conclusion must discuss in detail the limitations of current knowledge, future directions to be pursued in research, and the overall importance of the topic in Humanities and Social Sciences. The Abstract should not exceed 200 words. Reviews contain four sections:
- Topics (with headings and subheadings)
- Conclusions and Outlook
Articles: This is the main type of publication that HUJ will produce.
- Open Submission
Review Articles: A critical, constructive analysis of the literature in a specific field through summary, classification, analysis, comparison.
- Open Submission
PEER REVIEW POLICIES
At HUJ we are committed to prompt quality scientific work with local and global impacts. To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- The journal peer review process is a "double blind peer review".
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted, are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
- Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
Halabja University Journal is published 4 times per year. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print. HUJ is e-published online with electronic ISSN: 2617-3360 as/when the process of peer-reviewing is finalized. Halabja University Journal's hard-copy published with print ISSN: 2412- 9607, quarterly with the first issue publishes the accepted papers in March, the second issue will be published in June, the third issue’s accepted papers will be published in September, and the last issue(fourth issue) publishes the accepted papers on December. The hard-copy of all issues are published within each publication period.
Manuscripts submitted for publication in the Hakabja University are subjected to double-blind peer-review. Double blind reviewing maintains the identity of both author and reviewer, not disclosing their names to the authors. The anonymity of reviewers ensures objective and unbiased assessment of the manuscript by reviewers.
The reviewer needs to follow the following step during the review process.
- Accept or decline manuscript review within 2 week.
- After acceptance, the link to download the manuscript will be activated.
- Access the online review form and submit the revision.
- Submit the final decision; Decline, Accept, Accept with revision, .., etc.
Reviewers are advised to consider the following important aspects of a manuscript when conducting the review.
- Reporting of Original Results:
The results reported in the manuscript must be original and authentic work of the authors. They should be devoid of any plagiarism and the material should not have been published earlier. Studies which report some reproduced results, for example, a new clinical trial, may also be considered for publication.
- Experiments and Analyses:
Experiments and other analyses should meet the recognized technical standards and must be described systematically. The research presented in a manuscript should facilitate in reaching accurate conclusions from the statistics. Methods and experiments as well as reagents should be documented in detail.
- Interpretation of Results:
Authors should present and interpret the results and conclusions in an appropriate and comprehensive manner, clearly explaining the results and outcomes of their study. Incomplete interpretation of results may result in rejection of the manuscript.
- Language of Composition:
The manuscript should be written in Kurdish, Arabic, Persian, English or French in a clear, direct and active style, free from grammatical errors and other linguistic inconsistencies. All pages should be numbered sequentially, facilitating the reviewing and editing of the manuscript.
Halabja University Journal respects requests not to have the manuscripts peer-reviewed by those experts who may have a competing interest with the author(s) of a submitted manuscript. It is not possible for Editors to be aware of all competing interests; we, therefore, expect that reviewers would inform the Editor-in-Chief/Handling Editor if they notice any potential competing interest during the course of the manuscript review. Moreover, the reviewers are expected to inform the Editors or editorial office of the journal if they have a conflict of interest in carrying out a review of a manuscript submitted by any author/contributor of the manuscript.
Article Processing Charges(APC)
HUJ is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has article processing charges (APCs). The published articles can be downloaded freely without a barrier of admission. The Publishing Charge in the Halabja University Journal is 150,000 IQD ( One Hundred fifty Thousand Iraqi Denars).
APC can be paid using FIB bank for number : 07702827151
Halabja University Journal used Turnitin software to detect the plagiarism percentage, manuscript with less than 20% plagiarism will be send to reviewers.
Halabja University Journal (HUJ) has been first published in April 2016. HUJ has a print-ISSN: 2412- 9607 and an electronic-ISSN: 2617-3360, HUJ has DOI is doi.org/10.32410/26173360