Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Open Access (OA) stands for unrestricted access and unrestricted reuse which means making research publications freely available online. It access ensures that your work reaches the widest possible audience and that your fellow researchers can use and share it easily. The mission of the HUJ is to improve the culture of scientific publications by supporting bright minds in science and public engagement.
HUJ open access articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license lets you retain copyright. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material. Commercial use of the publisher's PDF is subject to license fees. The main output of research, in general, is new ideas and knowledge, which the HUJ peer-review policy allow publishing as high-quality peer-reviewed research articles. The HUJ believes that maximizing the distribution of these publications - by providing free, online access - is the most effective way of ensuring that the research we fund can be accessed, read and built upon. The Halabja University Journal, supports unrestricted access to the published materials on its main website as a fundamental part of its mission and a global academic community benefit to be encouraged wherever possible.
- University of Halabja supports the principles and objectives of Open Access and Open Science
- HUJ expects authors of research papers, and manuscripts to maximize the opportunities to make their results available for free access on its final peer-reviewed paper
- All manuscript will be made open access online soon after final stage peer-review finalized.
- Authors can archive publisher's version/PDF, but neither their pre-print nor their post-print.
- Specific details of how authors of research articles are required to comply with this policy can be found in the Guide to Authors.
- This policy will be effective from 17th May 2017 and will be reviewed during the first year of operation.
- Open Access route is available at http://huj.uoh.edu.iq/for publishing and archiving all accepted papers.